Dwadash Jyotirling Stotram Mantra, Meaning of Dwadash Jyotirling Stotra, what are the benefits of chanting the name of 12 Jyotirling?.
What is Jyotirlinga ?
The light of Lord Shiva is present in all the Jyotirlingas, that is, Shiva power is present in them. They are extremely divine and it is said that by merely reciting their names, all the sins of the devotee are destroyed by the grace of Shiva. That is why it is said to take the names of 12 Jyotirlingas in the morning and evening.
|Dwadash Jyotirlinga Strotram Benefits|
Name of 12 Jyotirlings are as follows:
- Somnath Jyotirlinga Temple is in Gujarat, India.
- Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga Temple is in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is in the state of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Kedarnath Jyotirlinga temple is in Uttarakhand.
- Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga Temple is in Maharashtra state of India.
- Baba Vishwanath Jyotirlinga Temple is in Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Trimkeshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is in Maharashtra state of India.
- Vaidyanath Jyotirlinga Temple is in Jharkhand, India.
- Nageshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is in Gujarat state of India.
- Rameshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Ghushmeshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is in Rajasthan state of India.
Let us now know in detail about the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva present in the country:
- Somnath Jyotirling Temple: Baba Somnath Jyotirling Temple is located in Saurashtra region of Gujarat in India. It is considered to be the first Jyotirling of Mahadev. There is also a holy pond built by the Gods here, which is called Somkund or sin-removing pond. Lakhs of people come here every year to take bath and have darshan.
- Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga Temple: Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga is located on a mountain named Srishail near the banks of Sri Krishna River in Andhra Pradesh, India. This place is also called Kailash of the South and just by seeing it, all the sins of a person are destroyed.
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirling Temple: Baba Mahakaleshwar Jyotirling Temple is located in Ujjain city in Madhya Pradesh, India. This is the only south facing Jyotirling among all the Jyotirlings. Another thing is Baba’s Bhasma Aarti which is done in the morning in Brahmamuhurta, is famous all over the world for which lakhs of devotees come.
- Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga, located in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh, India, is very famous and it is situated on the banks of river Narmada. There is a hill here which revolves around the shape of Om.
- Kedarnath Jyotirlinga Temple: Kedarnath Jyotirlinga Temple is situated in a peak called Kedar in Uttarakhand. The height of this temple is about 3584 meters above sea.
- Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga Temple: Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga Temple is located in Dakini, about 100 kilometers away from Pune in Maharashtra, India. It is also called Sahyadri Mountain. As per its name and properties, the Shivalinga located here is quite thick, hence devotees also call it Moteshwar Mahadev.
- Baba Vishwanath Jyotirlinga Temple: Varanasi, the religious city of Uttar Pradesh, India, which is famous by the name of Kashi, the city of religion. Vishwanath Jyotirlinga Temple is situated here on the banks of river Mother Ganga. It is believed that after leaving Kailash, Lord Shiva made his permanent residence here.
- Trayambkeshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: Trayambkeshwar Jyotirlinga Temple is located in Nashik district of Maharashtra. Situated on the banks of river Godavari, this temple is made of black stones. It is described in the Puranas that on the prayer of Gautam Rishi and Godavari, Lord Shiva decided to reside at this place and there is a mountain named Brahmagiri near Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga, which became famous by the name of Trimbakeshwar Mahadev. The Godavari river is covered by this mountain.
- Baidyanath Jyotirlinga Temple: Baidyanath Jyotirlinga Temple is located in Deoghar, Jharkhand, India, the temple here is known as Baidyanathdham. According to the Puranas, once Ravana tried to take Lord Shiva to Lanka by the power of penance, but due to an obstacle on the way, Lord Shiva settled here as per the condition.
- Nageshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: Nageshwar Temple is located near Gomti Dwarka in Baroda, Gujarat, India. It is mentioned in religious Puranas that Lord Shiva has been described as the god of snakes and Nageshwar means God of snakes, hence it is said that this Jyotirlinga has been named as per the wish of Lord Shiva.
- Rameshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: This eleventh Jyotirlinga of Lord Shiva is established in a place called Ramanatham in Tamil Nadu, India. Rameshwar Teerth is also called Setubandh Teerth. It is believed that this Jyotirlinga was established by Lord Prabhu Shri Ram, because it was established by Lord Shri Ram, it was called Rameshwar Jyotirlinga, this name was given by Lord Ram.
- Ghusmeshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: Ghusmeshwar Jyotirlinga is located near Daulatabad near Sambhajinagar, Maharashtra, India. This is the last Jyotirlinga among the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. This Jyotirlinga is also known as Ghushmeshwar.